Thursday, December 15, 2005

Rough day

I had a hard day yesterday. We had a contractor put his truck in the ditch with his trailer. He was traveling up a valley, and he didn’t' have enough momentum to get up the hill, so he started to slide backwards back down the valley (with a gooseneck trailer). He slammed on the brakes but they wouldn’t hold. So he slide back down the valley, and jackknifed his trailer into sleep ditch.

When he phoned he was in hysterics and I don’t blame him. Fortunately, he was unharmed, just very shook up.

Other fun stuff? I had people trying to get product yesterday, even with the horrific road conditions, and I had contractors upset because my drivers refused to deliver because of unfit road conditions. That’s the short version.

I finally had to tell one guy,


- “Would you send your mother out in this?”
- “no”
- “ Then why would you expect me to send my employees in this?”


At any rate, I had a bad day, but it got a little bit better when I got home, worked out and had a cold beer with a nice steak.

I hope today is a little bit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home