Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Appreciative of an unknown woman

Today I almost had a mental breakdown. I had to buy an extra extension for a class that I was taking through University of Athabasca. They have been great to work with thus far, but I have two more assignments to go plus the exam and my contract is due October 31. So, just like the other times, I decided to purchase my last extension. However, in it’s wisdom, University of Athebasca has implemented a new policy (as of September 1st) that all extensions have to be given one month prior to contract due date.

So, when I phoned to extend my contract this morning… I was greeted by an incredibly cheery woman who informed me that it was my responsibility to check the website DAILY for changes in the administration policy.

BOO URNS TO YOU LADY.

Anyways, I got in contact with a wonderful woman named Sylvia who gave me a contract extension over the phone only because she felt sorry for the situation. Her exact words were, “If you fill out any forms, you won’t get this extension, but if you do it on the phone I can help you. Unfortunately, the University Administration who makes these rules don’t have to listen to the students when they phone in… I work in student services and that is what we are about, servicing the Student!”

I have never heard such a wonderful response from anyone who has ever worked at a University EVER! I only wished that more people like her worked at the university...

Sylvia, you saved my ass! I salute you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home