Saturday, October 22, 2005

And God created Woman

"Women don’t generally define themselves by what they do, but by who they are. They are the nurturers, the comforters and the restorers. When the husband or children come home bruised and bleeding from the hostile world they live in, it is the woman who holds them and makes everything all right. It is she who listens to their war stories and calmly builds them back up, making them ready to face the challenges of another day. These are divine strengths given to the female psyche." - Scott Farhart, MD.

This is a quote I really liked from the book I'm currently reading.

The other day I had to serve a man with a garnishee, and as I walked up to his house, I could hear his wife just screaming at him, calling him things that would make a sailor blush with shame. As I heard this, I thought to myself, "Man, this guy is not having a good day." I mean, this guy is just an average joe who works damn hard for a living, slaving away as a contractor. Sure, the guy owes our company money, but that just means he's bad with money, it doesn't make him a bad person. So, when he gets home from a bad day, he has to listen to a lady who calls him stupid and ignorant, etc. I would think that a person should come home to escape from work and the outside world, not go to work to escape the home life…

I used to be in a huge rush to get married and to find the right woman for me. I was very preoccupied with being alone for the rest of my life. But after hearing that, being alone doesn’t look so bad! I could be married to a woman who belittles me and speaks to me like I’m a mistake! I think would rather be alone and happy then be stuck with someone who didn’t treat me well. I certainly hope that my wife never speaks to me the way he was being spoken to.

I hope that the wife that I end up with is a nurturing woman who loves me for who I am. I hope she will listen to my stupid stories about work, even though I might be in the wrong. I hope that even though I might make mistakes (I’m almost certain to) I hope my wife won't hold it over me and talk down to me. I want my wife to appreciate me for the person that I am, and I want her to push me to be the man I'm capable of being. A good woman recognises that a man needs his pride to be stroked sometimes, and that he needs to feel loved and appreciated. (He also needs to be told he’s wrong sometimes too!)

Farhart writes this beautifully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home