Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What a busy week!

I wrote my last final examination last Tuesday (a week ago). It was a wonderful feeling. I was going into the exam with a 87% and the exam was worth 40%. I’m expecting to get an A in the class, which makes me mighty happy. That leaves me with all of my classes accounted for, and I should be getting my bachelor of Arts with an Economics Major and Philosophy minor in October. Every exciting!

My buddy Scotty K got married on Saturday. Jackie and I went out to Pasqua lake for the occasion. It was very beautiful. Scotty and Courtnay looked awfully happy. I was the best man for the wedding, and it was a pleasure to stand up for my bud. (I’ll post my toast to the groom later on).

I saw a fella there that I hadn’t seen in years. He and I played football together in High School, and back then he was quite the guy. Always had the strangest thing to say that would make you laugh, and always was partying. The last time I saw him his life was going nowhere fast, smoking up all of his income and losing braincells left and right. But at the wedding we had a good little chat, he is now a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, and is the head Mechanic for a very well known mechanics operation in Southern Sask. He is married and has a little boy with his wife. I must say that it was very nice to see that he had turned his life around for the better.

And… if all of this wasn’t exciting enough, Jackie and I moved into our house on Sunday. We are slowly moving in stuff painting, so it is a little bit tedious, but by the end of the week we should have it cased. My mom and dad stopped by today and gave us a housewarming gift… a new shower head (because the old one was a little bit to be desired. I’m very excited to try it out tonight when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home