Monday, July 17, 2006

Update

I have been Uber busy lately, so you have to excuse my absence. But I have noticed that my loyal readers are still coming back looking for an update, so I’ll try to fit one in between labs.

Well, work has been ridiculous, school is damn near done, the wedding is creeping up on us, things are progressing at light speed.

Jackie and I have bought a house back home. With me working back here now, it saves the driving and all the gas I’m putting in the truck. I didn’t mind the drive before, but when Jackie and I move in together, I don’t want to have to lose an extra hour to come home and see my wife. The long hours that I’m putting in are hard enough to deal with, I don’t want to make Jackie deal with an extra 2 or so hours a day that I put in just by driving to and from work.

My last university class is going quite well. I just got my midterm marks back and I got an 81%. (note: My next post is going to describe the idiocy of Athabasca University and the examination centre). I also finished my term assignment and I got a 90% in that as well. I’m going to plug away to get it done in the next couple of weeks, (hopefully I’ll be done by July 31) then I’ll be done university forever! Yay! I have found myself contemplating going back to school for shits in giggles, maybe going back to play football, but I can’t see myself doing it.

I might, during the Wintertime, go get my Accounting diploma through SIAST (which I am about half completed with my Economics degree now…), but that won’t happen until I have a very good handle on running the company and it’s finances.

Woah, way off track there. Where was I? I spent this last weekend in Winnipeg with Jackie, we met the priest, got engagement photos taken (I’ll post a couple when we get them back) and picked the photographer for the wedding. It was a very good weekend. I also attended the matrimony of two very good friends of mine. It was a wonderful wedding, I cut up rug like you’ve never seen (swing dancing rocks) and saw some people I haven’t seen in a long time. Good times had by all.

There are lots of really good posts that I would love to write about, but I have a feeling that most of them are going to be Winter Posts, because as you can tell, between planning a wedding, running a company, finishing my BA, attending 5 more weddings and some bachelor parties, it is going to be a full year!

Godspeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home