Sunday, May 28, 2006

Nice day Yesterday

Jackie and I went to visit an old friend of my grandfather yesterday. He lives down in St. Lazare, Manitoba. It is a quaint little French village in the Qu’apelle valley of about 250 people. We had a very good time.

My grandfather’s friend is 80 years old and worked both for my Grandfather and my dad through the years. I love sitting there listening to his stories about my dad and my grandpa. He gives me a different perspective on who my Grandpa really was.

He also makes Maple Syrup and he gave Jackie and I two bottles. it is very good, but I forgot it in the truck… I’ll have to pick it up on Monday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

3 Comments:

At 10:47 a.m., Blogger Super Flannery said...

Hey Jon! I tried to post on your stickman post but the visual verification didn't show up properly so I couldn't read it! It showed up as - you know, when you can't see an image, and it just says what it is with an x in the corner. Anyway, I think the stickman jokes are hilarious. Who made them up?

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger The Jon Man said...

I don't know actually, I got them as an email from my cousin!

 
At 8:01 a.m., Blogger Super Flannery said...

Hey again,
I emailed Amanda and the invitations for you and me were among those she gave to her parents to send out - and they haven't sent them as quickly as Amanda sent hers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home