Monday, May 01, 2006

Update

I’m sorry, I’ve been neglecting you!

I always feel so bad when I’ve neglected to update my blog.

I’m still waiting for some marks to come in from University of Manitoba.

I’ve got my unofficial marks, but I still would like to see them posted. Here’s the results:

Philosophy of Language: A
Business Ethics: A
Energy Economics: A+
Economics of Health Care: B+
Political Economics: C+
Computer Usage: A+

Overall, I feel like this year was a success. I do feel very fustrated with the C+ in Political Economics, especially since that was one of my favourite classes, but I don’t feel so bad once I looked at all of the marks for the course. I got a 66%, and the class average was 52%. I got a 68% on the final, and the average for the final was 49%.

So, all in all, it’s not so bad, but I did come away from that class learning a lot about the global economy, and I feel that I can speak intelligently about the subject mater of the class. I suppose that is why I felt upset at the C+. But, as my dad put it to me, it’s the first time in my Academic history that I’ve complained about getting a C+.

I’m taking one class from the University of Athabasca, and then I’ll be done. I’ll have my BA in Economics with a philosophy minor. I convocate in October.

I do have to take the time to thank my friends who helped me on the way. As dumb as it sounds, I seriously doubted my ability to finish school because of my past experiences. I didn’t think I was capable of getting an A, never mind 4 in one semester. It makes me appreciate having met these people who taught me how to study, and helped me with my proof reading when required (thanks Flan Flan!)

Anyways, I am glad that the year is over and I am happy to be home. I spent a lovely weekend with Jackie (who, by the way, got accepted into Social work at the UofM, way to go Jackie!) and also got my condo all cleaned up for summer.

Work is going to keep me very occupied this year, but I will try my best to keep you all posted. Feel free to drop a comment to tell me to get my butt in gear if I fall behind.

TTFN!

1 Comments:

At 1:54 p.m., Blogger Super Flannery said...

Congratulations, Jon! Those are excellent marks. If you felt you learned a lot in the Political Economics class, that's probably more important than having the letter match the others. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home