Thursday, May 04, 2006

Break and enter

I broke into my condo tonight.

I went to my uncle's house tonight, had some ice cream and then came home, only to find that I locked the keys to my place inside. But I was pretty sure that my balcony door was not locked.

So... I pulled out the condo ladder (which is a wooden ladder that is older than I am, and not as sturdy). It's only a 6' step ladder, and my balcony floor is about 12 feet high... So, i climbed up the ladder, grabbed hold of the railing, said a quick prayer, and hoisted myself up onto the balcony. The ladder fell over, so I was temporarily screwed. I was holding myself up with my arms wrapped around a flimsy railing and my knees were resting on a 1/4" of balcony against the bottom of the railing. (This is an excellent balcony design by the way, as it deters theives from climbing the balcony).


I did get myself up, and luckily my door was unlocked. If that was not the case, I would have spent the weekend on the balcony, as my ladder was knocked down. I could have Jackie Channed myself down the drainpipe, but those of me who know me that although I do have cat like reflexes, I am not very Jackie Chan-like.

Anyways, I'm up at 5:00 tomorrow, so I bid you all farewell. Tonight, I am thankful for balconies, for 1'4" of ledge, and especially thankful that gravity was not especially strong tonight.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 a.m., Blogger Saskboy said...

Hilarious. I've not had to break in to my place yet, but my parents needed someone to break into their place when we were away once, and someone had broken a tap on our house and the water had to be turned off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home