Saturday, March 25, 2006

A lesson in patience

I played in a big poker tournament yesterday and I didn’t do too badly. I specifically decided that I maintain an ultra-conservative image at the table, which I did. I folded a hell of a lot of cards, and I was holding my own.

I made it through a number of eliminations, but I met my doom when I finally ran out of patience. I hadn’t gotten a good hand all game, and I had K-10, so I doubled the blinds. Two guys called, and we went to it.

Long story short, the flop sucked, I touched a K, and a couple of low cards that couldn’t have helped anyone so I bet, two people called. Then on the turn, again, bad flop, so I bet. The river, made a possible straight, but I wasn’t even paying attention because I was determined to make my K-K into a hand.

So, I went all in, got called, and he had a freaking straight A-5, he called me right away. The worst thing was that the second that I called, I knew that it was a stupid move. He pushed them all in, and I showed everyone at the table that I had an extensive vocabulary.

Oh well, a good lesson learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home