Thursday, March 16, 2006

Poker Night

Just thought I would give you a quick cap of tonight's occurrences… I played poker with the boys and I won, I had to buy in again, but I won. I was getting a damn thing for a hand, but then I hit trip 5s on the flop and everyone else was playing like they had them. So, I took the pot and became large stack for the game, and pretty much stayed that way.

Anyways, the funny thing was that Mike and I were playing heads up. I had Ace, 4 suited so I limped in. He checked. I was very large stack, but not by a lot. The flop: 5 – 9 – 9. He bet about 1/3 of his stack (which was minimum bet) and I put him all in. I knew he was beating me, but we had been playing for about 45 minutes going back and forth, so I wanted to make a big move. After about 5 minutes of contemplation, he calls. He’s got 5-J. The river… 10. The turn… another 10.

I’ve got two pair with high kicker, and I beat him. There was no way I should have won that hand. But, that’s poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home