Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Daynight savings time?

Welcome to Saskatchewan! Today, it was dark at 6:30pm. And this morning, I got up for work at 5:30 and it didn't get light until 7:00am. I hate getting up for work when it’s still dark outside.

This is normal for Saskatchewanites, but just one hundred kilometers away, it was 7:30 before it got dark.

In other parts of the country, it doesn’t get as dark as early as it does here. In the summer, I love living here because it doesn’t get dark until 11:00, but when it starts to get well into autumn, the bliss of late night golf is replaced with the frustration of dark mornings when going to work. When I lived out East, it didn’t get dark in Autumn as long.

Speaking about living out East, I loved how the leaves stay vibrant colours in the Autumn time. Here the Autumn leaves stay for about 28 hours and then flump! Fall to the ground. (That’s the sound they make when they fall, flump!).

All in all, even though I am complaining, I love my town and my geographical location. Saskatchewan is a great place to live.

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home