Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Busy Weekend

Wow, what a weekend!

I took a good part of the day off on Thursday and all day Friday of this weekend. I drove to Regina to pick up a friend from the airport, then we drove to Winnipeg for the weekend. She flew in to be the date for a wedding I was going to.

We played Texas Hold’em, ate good food, drank good wine and shopped (and I bought too many clothes. I now look really good, but have no money). It was a good weekend all around.

The reason my buddy came into town with me is that she was my hot date to a wedding. My cousin Julian was getting married. The wedding was absolutely spectacular. The choir was a Ukrainian Male Choir and they are phenomenal. They were very moving, I cried when they sang the Lord’s Prayer. My cousin Julian and his three brothers were apart of the choir growing up, so the choir sang at the wedding.

The other neat part of this wedding is that all four brothers are Ukrainian dancers and they are all very prestigious. The eldest brother in particular is one of the best dancers in Western Canada. So, at these types of weddings the dancing is a spectacle to see. In normal circumstances, I would say that I am a pretty good dancer, but not in those conditions!

I got to spend the weekend with my two favourite little boys, my 17 month old nephew and my 3 week old nephew. They were wonderful. My mom and dad took Carson (the older brother) home with them for the week and is bringing him back next week to Jac and David.

The only disappointing thing about the weekend is that I wasn’t going to get to eat any traditional Thanksgiving Turkey! I spent Thanksgiving at this wedding, so we never got to hold a big family get together and enjoy thanksgiving as we normally do. But Alas, I stopped to see my Grandma on the way home from Winnipeg and she had turkey and stuffing all ready for us (my parents and myself) when we arrived. So we really had a wonderful weekend!

Happy thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Maria said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend. I almost missed out on traditional Thanksgiving turkey too, with family from Holland in town and all. But... my very kind parents thought that since I made the effort to come all the way to PEI, that they had to have turkey for me. We had it on Saturday, instead of our usual Sunday. But it was one of the best Thanksgivings yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home