Saturday, September 24, 2005

What a day!

Today I experienced death and life.

A very good family friend's father passed away last week and today was the funeral. He passed away at the ripe old age of 94. He lived a very full and wonderful life. My father and I went to the funeral in Regina to pay our respects. It hurts to see someone you love hurt. I shed a tear, although I hardly knew the man, it upset me to see his family morne their loss.

It reminds us that we are here on earth and we are not to get too kozy, because earth is not our true home. We live in earthly tents, and God will call us home into the house that he has made for us in Heaven. I think Bill is there now, and he is settling in quite nicely. :-) Please say a prayer for Merv and his family.

Dad and I drove from Regina to Winnipeg. We had a great time to talk, and man did we talk. I told him everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks, and he did the same. He brought light to some things that I had forgotten. I find it amazing how that man can read me so well. When everyone else gives me advice based on what they think I want to hear, my dad always gives me advice straight from the heart. And most of the time, it includes thoughts that are already going through my head. He's a big blessing in my life!

We made the treck to see the newest edition of our family, Davis Ridge Low. He is 6lbs 15 oz, and is one very cute little baby. He slept on my chest tonight for nearly 1 1/2 hours. Yet again, I shed a tear. Uncle Jon was quite taken aback by exactly how precious this little one is.

And wow, Carson seems sooo big now! He's 16 months, and he was just a little gaffer last week when I saw him, but when I see him with his brother, he's a monster! (Uncle Jon had Carson belly laughing today when I was showing him how to eat goldfish by throwing them up in the air and catching them in my mouth!)

It seems that as one man has taken his tent down and his heading home, my nephew is pitching his tent. I hope we can make his stay enjoyable until he needs to go home too! :-)

I have a lot in my life to be greatful for. I thank the big guy upstairs for that. It's very overwelming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home