Thursday, September 15, 2005

A hunting we will go!

Small Game hunting season opens today! This is very exciting. I love taking out my 4-10 shotgun and going to shoot some bush partridge. There is certain knack to walking into a bush and coming back in an hour with some tasty birds.

I have a wedding that I have to go to on Thanksgiving in Winnipeg, and I am very excited about it. But I am also kind of saddened by it because Thanksgiving was the day that my Dad, Uncle Jay and myself always went hunting for the day. It will be weird to think that we are not doing it this year. On the same token, my dad always has a very hard time this time of year, so maybe it will be good to have a little bit of change. Even after 11 years, my dad is very upset and is affected very deeply by the death of my Grandfather and my Uncle. (I guess we all are).

I would ask for someone to wish me good luck in my hunting for this year, but seeing that luck doesn’t have anything to do with it, I ask that you wish me good skill, as that’s what I’ll need…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home