Saturday, August 20, 2005

It’s been cold here in Saskatchewan this last week. The farmers are starting to harvest and the children are getting geared up for school. It’s a beautiful time of year, I would say that I prefer it to the blazing hot summer. It’s about 10 – 20 degrees with a nice cool wind. Soon the high school football teams will start practicing and hunting season will open.

I think I love the autumn because it reminds me of hunting with my Dad and my Uncle Jay. Nothing beats the feeling of walking along a bush with the stubble crunching underneath my feet trying to push out some partridge, with a golden retriever at my side. It is a great time to reflect on life, to think of the greatness of God and to see his wonderful world that he made just for us. It puts a smile on my face. When I still go, I know that my Grandpa and my Uncle are walking beside me, it’s a good feeling.

I hope everyone enjoys the remaining of their summer and that they enjoy the autumn just as much as I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home