Monday, April 10, 2006

Holy Mackerel!

So, tonight Jackie and I played poker with my poker group in Yorkton. Jackie came in 4th, and I won. There were 11 people there, so it was pretty good. Jackie played really well. It was a $5 buy in, and I took home $60, 2nd place took home $15.

We just finished (2:30 am, and although I am really tired, I had to write about this one hand before I go to bed.

One of the girls there said, “I should just go all in blind right now…” So I said, yeah, let’s both go all in. I won’t look at my cards, let’s just push them in.” She chickened out, and folded. Two other guys were in the hand. The blinds were 50 – 100. I was sitting with a not bad stack, I wasn’t winning by any means, but I wasn’t losing either. The guy 3 spots away from me pushed an all in, about half of my stack, and someone called him.

I took a peak, I had bullets.

So, I put player number 2 all in.

He called. Dwayne had pocket tens.

Kyle had A-Q suited.

The flop came down, and the dealer dealt it super slow.

10.

Crap. I lost. Crap. Crap crap.

Q.

Double Crap.

Q.

Triple crap. I lost to both of these suckers. Crap.

4.

Who cares, poker blows.

Ace.

What? Holy bony macaroni. I just won.

It was the craziest poker hand I had ever seen.

There were a few other good hands, but I like this one the best.

Have a good night everyone and wish me luck on my exams…

p.s. Happy Holy Week to all….

1 Comments:

At 12:38 a.m., Blogger jamesAMDG said...

I know exactly what you mean about watching the cards come when you should be winning and you see the bad beat coming , only I don't usually catch the river to get away, I just lose.

And yet I keep playing, I think I'm like on of those monks who goes into the desert to that he can suffer more and then offer it up, I hope I'm a victim soul because if not, I just suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home